Wednesday, June 22, 2011

We May Ignore, But We Can Nowhere Evade, The Presence Of God

"We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade, the presence of God." C.S. Lewis, Letters to Malcolm.
There is no doubt that, for some reason, we tend to try and ignore God.  A lot of times we ignore God by the loudness in our lives.  Often we ignore God by the business in our lives.  Sometimes, our arrogance causes us to ignore God.  At times, perhaps we are angry or disappointed with God, so we pretend that He is not there.


It is foolishness to the core.  Yes, we all do it, but it is pure silliness.  Why do we try and ignore our Creator?  I believe it is one of two reasons, either it is because we do not believe God is good or because we are prideful. It also does not work.  Our God is everywhere.  He is beside you when you are lonely.  He is listening to you when you are angry.  He holds your tears when you cry.  He is partying with you when you are celebrating.  And yes, He is watching us when we do things we know we shouldn't.


God may allow us to try and ignore Him for a time, but at some point, every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that He is God.  The sooner we do that, the better.


It saddens His heart. We were created to fellowship with Him, to share life with Him.  He wants nothing more than for us to acknowledge Him, and His rightful place in our lives.  He wants to walk with us, laugh with us, cry with us, and help us with our burdens.  Why would we refuse His help.


We need to believe, truly believe the following two passages:


1.  Psalm 139:7-16

Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
And the light around me will be night,”
Even the darkness is not dark to You,
And the night is as bright as the day.
Darkness and light are alike to You.
For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.




2. Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which isin Christ Jesus our Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment